Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Snatch (2000)

Photobucket

I just finished re-watching one of my all time favorite movies, Snatch. I couldn't help but make a post on it, more people need to see this movie.
Unscrupulous boxing promoters, violent bookmakers, a Russian gangster, incompetent amateur robbers, and supposedly Jewish jewelers fight to track down a priceless stolen diamond.
Written: Guy Ritchie
Directed: Guy Ritchie
Starring: Jason Statham, Brad Pitt and Benicio Del Toro
Genre: Crime, Thriller
Release Date: August 23, 2000

Plot Summary: When a dizzying robbery takes place in the Orthodox Jewish diamond district, a flawless 86-carat gem, the size of an infant's fist, is lifted in the snatch. Taking it to London, the diamond's thief and courier, Franky Four Fingers arrives in the city as a stopover en route to New York to deliver the huge diamond to his bigwig crime boss, Avi. But because Franky can't resist temptation and London is a town with its share of illegal trade, a small crowd of miscreants and malefactors eventually ends up chasing each other and the whereabouts of the diamond. These include: Doug the Head, a jeweler who pretends he's Jewish because it's good for business; Boris the Blade, a Russian gangster with a deserved reputation for being impossible to kill; Bullet Tooth Tony, a legendary hard guy and Brick Top, perhaps the scariest of the lot.

18 comments:

  1. guy ritchie is a genius, he has yet to let me down with a movie (marrying madonna was pretty gross on his part), and bullet tooth tony is one of my favorite movie characters ever.

    http://randomramblingggg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of Guy Ritchi's movies. Snatch and Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels are probably my two favorite though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome movie, all of those British crime movies are great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your blog, I'll be following :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man I remember when I saw this movie a while back. Definitely a great movie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i haven't seen this movie, I will have to check it out sometime

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha i forgot about this movie. i saw it quite a few years ago and it was reallly funny.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i LOVE this movie
    the cinematography was very unique and artistic for an action movie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brad Pitt is one of my favorite actors of all time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like an interesting movie, i don't think it can top my favorite (Citizen Kane), but i need to give it a watch! (=

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks very funny! I'll have to see it some time. I like your blog so I'm going to follow it

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this, Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels, and RocknRolla. Awesome movies everyone should watch!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i will check it out

    ReplyDelete
  14. I heard it was good, putting it on my to watch list.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i didn't hear before about this movie but it looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete